Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Atticus and Happy Halloween!

Happy Birthday, Atticus!
Atticus running around on his birthday in his birthday suit.  Atticus learned a new trick on his 2nd birthday.  He learned how to take all his clothes off.  He's been able to take his pants and his diaper off for a while now, but on his birthday, he learned how to take his shirt off too.  Every time I got him dressed, 2 minutes later he was running around naked and laughing!
My big guy Atticus weighs 26.2 lbs. (30 percentile)and is 34.5" tall (50 percentile).  I can't believe my baby is two already!  He is so much fun and brings so much joy and laughter to our family.  He is quite the little jokester and gets funnier everyday.  He definitely knows what he wants and cannot be talked into anything he doesn't want to do.  He's a talker too even though we don't understand 99% of what he is saying.  
The skull and cross bone red velvet cake.
The dinner menu.
We had a halloween themed dinner party for Atti's birthday.  It was a lot of fun.  Atti really seemed to understand that this party was for his birthday.  Every time we asked who the birthday boy was, he would reach both hands up wide and say "MEEEEE!"



Everybody sang "happy birthday" to Atti and he sang along.  It was so cute when all the kids sang the "cha, cha, cha" he sang along with them.  He loved blowing out his candles.
Trick or Treat!
These are the pumpkins that Atti and Eme carved this year.

I decided to make our costumes this year.  Emerson was a cowgirl.  This was her first year not being a princess.  Atticus, was a cowboy.  He refused to wear his hat.  I was their Indian.  I do not know exactly what Graham was.  He never told me what he wanted to be so I didn't make his costume.
Atticus did not want to wear the cowboy hat.  He would only wear his firefighter hat.
Always hamming it up for the camera!
Michelle was a cowgirl too!
All the candy Atticus collected.  Look how cute he looks trying to lift up his basket with one hand because he wanted to hold onto his candy in his other hand.
Graham tries to find any excuse to wear this mullet wig.  It creeps me out every time he wears it.  I don't know why it creeps me out, maybe it's because it looks so natural on him!



8 comments:

Kari said...

Ang! I was just talking to my mom yesterday about how we missed Atti's bday! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun, and the party was a success as usual. Sad we missed it. We miss you guys a lot! Everyone looked amazing in their halloween costumes, including Graham! Happy late birthday Atticus!

Callee said...

Looks like a fun party. Your costumes are great. I am so jealous that you got to swim with a dolphin. That is on my list of things to do before I die. Are you still coming up for Thanksgiving? If so, let's for sure get together.

Unknown said...

You guys look so great! What a fun party!

Cula said...

Fun! Sage and Aurora have those same shirts and they love them! Sage say's it's his jolly roger shirt.

Melissa and Aaron said...

Happy Birthday Atti! Angie, you sure know how to throw a party! Very fun. I love your decorations. Oh, and of course, I love that Graham wore the mullet:)

Prescott family said...

Atti is so darn cute! Happy birthday little guy. Looks like we missed out on a fun party (not that I am surprised). Love the decorations *ha ha ha* I will be by this weekend to give Atti his bday gift. Better late than never, right?
Love the costumes too! I think I am going to get you to make one for me next year!! :o)

TheGefrom5 said...

You should where your indian costume everyday. You look so beautiful!! You did a great job on all your costumes and your party, how fun! Atticus is a doll!

AJ Jorden said...

Hey Angie,
This is Aubrey, I saw your blog on Callees and I had to drop you a comment and catch up with an old friend. You look as good as you did when you graduated high school. I have a blog also if you want to check it out, its www.ajjorden.blogspot.com